The Saint Petersburg Academy of Investigative Committee has held an open day today. The event was attended by more than 150 university applicants from 11 regions. The Academy’s administration, representatives of branches and departments told future students about acceptance rules, features of joining the Academy and requirements to applicants.
On February 17, 2017, a presentation of the English version of the book ‘Collection of Materials on International Cooperation of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation’ (edited by Alexander Bastrykin, Chairman of the RF Investigative Committee, General of Justice of the Russian Federation, Doctor of Laws, Professor) was delivered at the Moscow Academy of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation. The compilation contains regulatory legal acts and international agreements of the Investigative Committee as well as research papers of its officers. The edition pursues the purpose of fostering international information exchange in combating crime and its accompanying task to mutually familiarize the domestic, foreign and international stakeholders and other audiences with the relevant professional terminology.
The Department for investigating crimes connected with the use of prohibited means and methods of warfare of the Investigative Committee’s Head Office has discovered and documented conclusive evidence that the Ukraine’s Armed Forces used weapons of mass destruction, namely tactical operational missile complexes Tochka-U (Point-U) against civilians in 2014 and 2015.
Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin has held today a meeting with the staff of the Research Institute for Emergency Children’s Surgery and Traumatology headed by Leonid Roshal.
Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin has given a lecture at the Moscow Academy of the Investigative Committee for major cases investigators, senior investigators of territorial offices and professors. The lecture was on higher efficiency of Investigative Committee’s offices.
On 7 February 2017, the hall of the Orenburg Region Government became a venue for a ceremony awarding residents of the region who displayed best human and professional qualities. The ceremony was ordered by Alexander Bastrykin and attended by governor of Orenburg Region Yuri Berg.
A delegation headed by Chairman of the RF Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin paid a working visit to Finland on 2-3 February 2017.
The Saint Petersburg Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in provision of unsafe services under Part 1 of Article 238 of the RF Penal Code.
On 31 January 2017, at the Russian New University, Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin attended presentation of the third edition of memoirs “When the Truth Calls” written by USSR Prosecutor General, veteran of the Great Patriotic War, member of the Investigative Committee’s Civic Council, president of interregional NGO “Outstanding Military and Naval Commanders of the Fatherland”, state advisor of justice Alexander Sukharev.
The Chairman of the Investigative Committee has arrived today in Saint Petersburg on a working trip and visited Piskatyovskoye memorial cemetery to commemorate defenders of Leningrad under siege.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.