A court has recognized the evidence collected by the Far Eastern Transport Office of the Investigative Committee as sufficient to convict two top managers of Arktikmorneftergazrazvedka, a public corporation (Kolskaya ship owner): former acting deputy CEO for navigation safety Boris Likhvan and acting chief engineer Leonid Bordzilovsky. They were found guilty of violation of safety rules for traffic and operation of sea transport by a person, who by virtue of their official position was obliged to observe those rules, entailing by negligence death of two or more people under Part 3 of Article 263 of the RF Penal Code after the wrecking of the Kolskaya floating oil rig with 67 crew members aboard in the Sea of Okhotsk.
The Saint Petersburg Directorate of the Investigative Committee continues the investigation in destruction or damaging property under Part 1 of Article 167 of the RF Penal Code. Following the order of the Investigative Committee’s Chairman, the investigation was withdrawn from the Nevsky District Police Office and taken over by the Saint Petersburg Directorate of the Investigative Committee.
The Nizhny Novgorod Region Office of the Investigative Committee has initiated criminal proceedings against 33-year-old Sergei Smirnov suspected of insulting a representative of the authority under Article 319 of the RF Penal Code.
The Investigative Committee’s Head Office has finished the investigation against members and heads of divisions of Misanthropic Division, an extremist community prohibitied in the Russian Federation, Vitaly Tsaruk, Viktor Pekhterov and Kirill Khalepo charged with 9 counts of extremism and terrorism-related crimes.
The Chairman of the Investigative Committee has ordered the head of the Nizhny Novgorod Region Office to run a check and if there are enough reasons to initiate criminal proceedings against a drunken driver who almost ran over a woman with a stroller at a parking lot and against his friend who fought back and insulted officers of the Russian Guard. One of federal TV channels has broadcast the coverage about the incident today.
The Moscow’s Basmanny Court has started hearing in absentia of the criminal case opened against Zhanna Bulakh. The Major Cases Directorate of the Investigative Committee issued a warrant to charge her with fraud and money laundering under part 4 of Article 159 and Part 3 of Article 174.1 of the RF Penal Code.
The Irkutsk Region Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in negligence of officials in Zima District, Irkutsk Region responsible for fighting wildfires under Part 1 of Article 293 of the RF Penal Code.
The Moscow Interregional Transport Office of the Investigative Committee has launched a check in injuries sustained by passengers of Moscow-Bangkok flight.
The Chairman of the Russian Investigative Committee ordered the Head of the Moscow Investigative Directorate of Investigative Committee to carry out procedural inspection in housing development by a Saint-Petersburg building company on Molodi Field.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.