Evidedence gathered by the Head Office of the Investigative Committee and a court are seen as sufficient to pronounce a sentence to former head of the Economical Safety and Counteraction to Corruption Department of the Ministry of the Interior Denis Sugrobov, as well as former heads and employees of that institution: Boris Kolesnikov, Salavat Mullayarov, Ivan Kosourov, Vitaly Cherednichenko, Evgeniy Shermanov, Sergei Borisovsky, Sergei Ponomaryov, Andrei Nazarov and a civilian Igor Skakunov. In dependence of their roles in the crimes, under Article 210, Item C, Part 3 of Article 286, Article 303, Article 304 of the RF Penal Code (organization and participation in criminal society, abuse of official powers, falsification of evidence and results of investigative operations, provocation of bribery). Sugrobov has been found guilty in 21 counts of crimes.
The first joined meeting of Russia, Armenian and Belarusan Boards of Investigative Committees has taken place in TauridePalace in Saint-Petersburg. The Chairmen of Committees Alexander Bastrykin, Agvan Ovsepyan, Ivan Noskevich, the Chairman of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation Valeriy Zorkin, the Governor of Saint Peterburg Georgiy Poltavchenko, the General Secretary of the Interparliamentary Assembly of Member Nations of the Commonwealth of Independent States Aleksei Sergeyev, employees of investigative committees and other invited persons took part in the meeting.
Department for investigating crimes connected with use of prohibited means and methods of warfare of the Investigative Committee's Head Office has accused in absentia commander of 58th separate motorized infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces colonel Sergei Zabolotny and commander of 16th separate motorized infantry battalion of 58th separate motorized infantry brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces lieutenant-colonel Oleg Gromadsky in planning to use banned beans and methods of warfare under Part 3 of Article 33, Part 1 of Article 356 of the RF Penal Code.
27-year-old Abror Azimov, the citizen of Russia, has been detained in Odintsovo District of Moscow Region by request of an investigator of Major Cases Directorate of the Russian Investigative Committee within investigation of the Saint-Petersburg metro terrorist attack. According to investigation is an accomplice of the terrorists, his role is being determined.
The Central Investigative Department of the Russian IC is continuing investigation into murder of the Russian underage citizen Ilya Kargintsev, named Isaak Jonathan Dykstra, after being adopted in the USA.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.