An ambulance delivered a 12-year-old boy in clinical death to the Pyt-Yakh District Clinical Hospital on the evening of 4 May 2017. A few hours later the patient died in the intensive care unit. A visual examination found no injuries on the body. At the same time, in order to find out all the circumstances surrounding the boy’s death, the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area – Yugra has opened an investigation in negligent homicide under Part 1 of Article 109 of the RF Penal Code.
According to preliminary data, the boy died of inhaling propane from a tourist gas can.
A forensic medical examination has been ordered and a postmortem toxicology screening which will show weather the boy had suffered from drug abuse. The investigators are also going to assess the actions of social services as the boy was registered as a juvenile delinquent. The investigation is ongoing.