Following order of Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin, the third department of the Head Office has taken over the case over collapse of an apartment building in Izhevsk. The case was opened in unsafe services entailing death of two or more people under Part 3 of Article 238 of the RF Criminal Code.
According to preliminary information, a gas explosion happened in an apartment building on the corner of 10 let Oktyabrya and Udmurtskaya streets in the town of Izhevsk on 9 November 2017. The explosion took down part of the building from 1st to 9th floors. The number of the killed and injured is being confirmed. Search and rescue operation is ongoing. The residents are being evacuated.
A court has recognized the evidence collected by the Moscow Directorate of the Investigative Committee as sufficient to convict electrician Aleksei Goncharenko and chief superintendent engineer Aleksei Titov of MOS OTIS company. They were found guilty of unsafe services entailing death of a person under part 2, item “c” of Article 238 of the RF Criminal Code.
The Chairman of the Investigative Committee has ordered the staff of the Central office to supervise check opened by the Transbaikalian Office of the Investigative Committee into an incident at a PE lesson during which a girl suffered a spine fracture.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.