The Investigative Committee is getting ready the first case against ex-minister Anatoly Serdyukov.
Vladimir Markin, official spokesperson to the investigative Committee told Vedomosti about a set of measures developed in the agency and designed to ensure legality and justice of privatization of state property
The Federal Law “On Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation” came into force on 15 January 2011. For the first time over the centuries the agency became independent. Though the history of the agency dates back to much earlier times. During his judicial reform Peter the Great was the first in Russia to implement the idea of establishing an investigating body independent from other branches in its organization and functions.
Yesterday Investigative Committee celebrated its second anniversary. At the stately meeting it was found that the head of the agency Alexander Bastrykin was still formally deputy prosecutor general and was proud of his work in militia which after being reformed into the police, together with the Federal Security Service provides operational support of investigation.
They looked for the boy’s murderer for seven months
Investigators of the Vladimir Region Investigations Directorate of the Russia’s Investigative Committee have collected all documents necessary for the court and will be asking to arrest the man who presumably killed and raped little Bogdan Prakhov.
Navalny is charged under Kirovles case
Main Investigations Directorate of the Russia’s Investigative Committee has brought final charges against lawyer Alexey Navalny under a high-profile criminal investigation – the so called Kirovles Case. The article of the Criminal Code is a seious one providing for long prison terms: part 3 of article 33 and part 4 of article 160 - organization of embezzlement on an especially large scale.
Navalny refused to testify in this case.
Law enforcement agencies will have to pay for criminal activity of ex-investigator of Moscow prosecutor’s office sentenced by Khamovnichesky district court to 5 years in prison suspended. In 2004, the investigator Sergey Kosterev seized from a number of businessmen their goods – exclusive watches Ulysse Nardin, Dubey & Schal denbrand, Jaeger Le Coultre, Chro noswiss which were then sold at price 10 times less than the real one.
First Deputy Governor is prosecuted for slander against the judge
Criminal proceedings have been launched into slander against Chairperson of Chelyabinsk Region court Fyodor Vyatkin in TV program A Man and Law. Office and house of Oleg Grachov, the First Vice-Governor and the closest comrade to Governor Mikhail Yurevich were searched yesterday. We remind that the day before that Alexander Moskalyuk, a businessman close to the governor got under investigation.
Owner of shoe company Tervolina is charged with fraud. The businessman Vadim Stepanov soon to stand court.
Yesterday Chairman of the Russia’s Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin held an operational meeting in Uglich, Yaroslavl Region, where he heard a report of the investigating group on the progress of investigating a criminal case over negligence of management staff of the Uglich children’s home and abuse of powers by its director.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.