The Stavropol Territory Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in selling unsafe goods under Part 2, item “b” of Article 238 of the RF Criminal Code after a girl was poisoned with fruit juice.
According to investigators, on the afternoon of 15 May, grandfather with his granddaughter came to a shop in the town of Budyonnovsk and bought there some fruit juice. At home the 4-year-old girl drank the juice and got a chemical burn of her mouth. The grandfather and the owner of the shop tried the juice as well and suffered the same injury. The girl was rushed to hospital.
At present, the contents of the carton of juice have been sent for a forensic chemical examination. Investigative operations are underway to identify the responsible and to document evidence. The investigation is ongoing.