In Vologda Region, location of two-year-old girl established

The Vologda Regional Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation continues the investigation into the reasons and circumstances of the two-year-old girl disappeared in Tarnogsky District. The girl has been found alive in the woods, nearly at 11 AM today. Previously, the investigation initiated upon the disappearance of the child was put under control of the Central Office on behalf of Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin.

Taking into account hypothermia, the child’s condition is assessed as moderately severe; the girl is under medical care. The investigators arranged the child’s transfer by air to the Vologda Children Hospital for a thorough medical examination.

The investigators and forensics experts of the Vologda Regional Directorate of the Investigative Committee are carrying out investigative activities and inspecting the place where the child was found.

It was established that on September 4, 2019, in Krasnoe rural settlement of Tarnogskiy district, the mother of the two-year-old girl had left her in a sandbox with two young sisters (six and four years old) and had gone to the neighboring house of her friend to feed her newborn child. Upon returning, she had not found her two-year-old daughter.

Over 400 people took part in the search for the child, including the full staff of the Forensics Department of the Vologda Regional Directorate of the Investigative Committee, chiefs and investigators from the Major Crimes Department of the Directorate, officers of the Internal Affairs authorities, including the canine team, specialists of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia, representatives of search teams, volunteers, and local residents.

Upon the examination of the living conditions and upbringing in the family, it was established that the woman was the mother of five young children and had previously been held administratively liable for her improper performance of parental duties, and had been registered with the internal affairs authorities for prevention. Her children have been removed from the family owing to the unfavourable upbringing conditions and are currently in hospital.

The criminal investigation is ongoing.