Investigation of Kaluga citizen murder in 2014 finished

The Main Investigations Directorate of the Investigative Committee of Russia finished investigation of a probe into brothers Eugeniy and Vladimir Tatarintsev accused of committing offences under Paragraph A of Part 2 of Article 131, Paragraphs G, J of Part 2 of Article 105 of the Criminal Code of Russia (rape, murder).

According to the investigation, at night of July 16, 2014, the accused attacked an 18-year-girl to rape her in a forest near trade pavilions on the outskirts of Kaluga near Zvezdnaya street. After the rape, the attackers strangled the victim to conceal their crime. They transported the body to the nearest forest and burned it.

During the examination of the scene, biological traces of two persons were detected. During four years investigators of the regional Investigations Directorate in interaction with operative units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs checked involvement in the offence of over 11,000 persons upon versions suggested by investigation and established that the genotype found at the crime scene belonged to resident Eugeny Tatarintsev. He was detained, however, he didn't admit his guilt. At that moment his accomplices have not been identified.

Due to these circumstances, the mother of a girl applied to the personal reception of the Chairman of the Investigative Committee of Russia who decided to transfer the probe to the Main Investigations Directorate of the Investigative Committee of Russia for further investigation.

In the shortest possible time, investigators checked involvement of persons from the Tatarintsev's encirclement and carried out several expert examinations including scent tracing revealing scent traces on clothes of the victim and the crime-tool (garrote) to identify Vladimir Tatarintsev as their owner. After that, he was also detained and, during investigative actions, testified on circumstances of the offence committed with his brother Eugeniy and one more accomplice neither him nor his brother had been acquainted with. According to testimonies of the accused, they met that person a short time before the offence and drank alcoholic beverages together.

The investigators collected enough evidence for the criminal case to be referred to the Prosecutor's Office to approve an indictment. The investigation into Tatarintsevs' accomplice is ongoing and to be presented separately.


Official spokesperson for the Investigative Committee of Russia S. Petrenko