On November 26, 2022, four residents felt unwell, they lived in an apartment in the Nizhny Novgorod city, presumptively it could happen due to gas poisoning. All the victims, including children aged 5 months to 12 years, were taken to the children's regional hospital by an ambulance. Doctors state their condition as satisfactory. The Investigating Authorities of the Russian Investigative Committee for Nizhny Novgorod Oblast immediately launched a pre-investigation inspection.
Mr. A.I. Bastrykin, Chairman of the Investigative Committee of Russia, instructed Mr. Akhmetshin A.S., Head of the Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of Russia for Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, to report on the circumstances of the incident and ongoing inspection.