Alexander Bastrykin talks about initiation of investigation on event in South Osetia in 2008 by the International Criminal Court
On January 27 earlier this year the International Criminal Court authorized the prosecutor of this court to initiate investigation of war crimes committed during the armed conflict in South Ossetia in 2008. The date 08.08.08, a day of Georgian troops attack, has became a symbol of this tragedy. In the exclusive interview to "RG" Chairman of the Investigative committee of Russia Alexander Bastrykin mentioned Georgian military leaders accused in the framework of a criminal case being investigated in Russia on events in South Ossetia.
"After legacies of Bernard Shaw"
Major General of justice Vladimir Markin about reasons the West needs media war against Russia
Makin investigation more efficient
On 15 January 2011, functions of prosecutor’s supervision and investigation were separated and the Investigative Committee became independent state body investigating the most difficult criminal cases.
Judge them for their actions
Alexander Bastrykin is sure that there are no people untouchable for his agency
At the Business Lunch at Rossiyskaya Gazeta Chairman of the Investigative Committee has told about investigation of high-profile crimes and new bills which will help to fight the most high-ranking corruption
Searching for the truth
The Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation was established on 15 January 2009. The idea of independent investigatory unit of state authority is not new: for the first time it was implemented by Peter the Great during juridical reform. What is an underlying task of reconstitution of a similar body today? What are its objectives and ways to reach them? And its achievements if any? We are talking about it with Oleg DORONIN, head of the Mari-El Republic Investigations Directorate of the Russia’s Investigative Committee.
Lieutenant General of Justice Vadim Yakovenko, head of Moscow Main Investigations Directorate of the Russia’s Investigative Committee told about solving serious crimes in many-million capital city, reasons to develop booklets for school children and amount of loss caused by corruption in the interview to ITAR-TASS on the day the Investigative Committee marks its second anniversary
Vladimir Markin, Major-General of Justice and the Head of Media Relations Directorate of the Investigative Committee told Interfax about work of the agency and investigation of high-profile cases
Ahead of the second anniversary of the formation of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, the correspondent of "Interfax" met with the head of the Investigative Committee Directorate for the Republic of North Ossetia - Alania Major General Vitaly Volkov
2012 was rich in corruption scandals. It was discovered that officials in the Ministry of Defense, Federal Outer Space Agency, communal and housing services, agriculture were stealing milliards in most impudent way. How did this become possible and is there a way to stop it? We talked about this with Vladimir Makarov Head of Department for Control over Corruption Crimes of the Russia’s Investigative Committee (SKR).
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.