On the night of 14 January 2017, police got a report that violence was being used against a 2-year-old girl on the balcony of a flat on the 5th floor of a house in Zavodskaya Street in the city of Yekaterinburg. According to the information available, there was a real threat to the child’s life as the balcony was located high above the ground and she might have fallen from it.
The Omsk Region Office of the Investigative Committee has thoroughly analyzed reports made by a number of mass media on torturing a helpless teenager. A decision to open two investigations into torturing a minor or helpless person and negligence under Part 2, item “d” of Article 117 and part 1 of Article 293 of the RF Penal Code respectively has been made following the results of a preliminary check that was launched immediately upon learning the information.
Following the order of the Investigative Committee Chairman the Saint Petersburg Office of the Investigative Committee has taken over criminal proceedings opened against a 45-year-old local resident suspected of a death threat under Part 1 of Article 119 of the RF Penal Code.
Police received a report on the afternoon of 17 January 2017, that icicles fell on a pregnant woman passing by a building in Shmidt street in the city of Yekaterinburg.
The Orenburg Region Office of the Investigative Committee continues investigating kidnapping of a girl (Part 2, items “a” and “e” of Article 126 of the RF Penal Code).
Dead body of a 12-year-old boy with no traces of violent death was found in the swimming pool of a sports center in the town of Novokuznetsk about 4 PM, 14 January 2017. The Kemerovo Region Office of the Investigative Committee immediately launched a preliminary check and following its results opened an investigation in provision of unsafe services that entailed death of a person by negligence under part 2, item “c” of Article 238 of the RF Penal Code.
The Khabarovsk Territory Office of the Investigative Committee has charged a 61-year-old man with crimes under Part 2, items “c” and “j” of Article 105 (murder), Part 3, item “c” of Article 131, Part 3, item “c” of Article 132 of the RF Penal Code (version of 13.06.1996).
The head of the Bashkortostan Office of the Investigative Committee issued a decision to open an investigation in execution of work or provision of services that do not meet safety standards following the check into violation of rights at policlinic No 1 of hospital No 13 in Kalininsky District of Ufa. The case was opened to provide more capacities to find out the truth as a pre-investigative check does not provide for investigative and search operations needed to do that.
Chairman of the Investigative Committee Alexander Bastrykin has awarded People’s Artist of the USSR Yuri Grigorovich with the medal “For Pure Intentions and Noble Deeds”.
The Kamchatka Territory Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in negligent homicide under part 1 of Article 109 of the RF Penal Code after failure to provide timely emergency medical aid to a 21-year-old resident of the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky in Tsiolkovsky Street. The man had died before an emergency medical team arrived.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.