In Kirov Region, woman accused of death of her 3-year-old daughter to stand trial

The Kirov Regional Investigations Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation has finished the investigation into the woman accused of committing an offense under Paragraphs C, E of Part 2 of Article 105 of the Criminal Code of Russia (murder of a minor committed with especial cruelty).

On February 20, 2019, the body of a 3-year-old girl was discovered in an apartment on Shchorsa Street of Kirov. A forensic examination showed that the child’s death was caused by body dehydration, starvation, and general hypothermia. According to the preliminary version, the mother of the girl born in 1997 had left her home unattended for several days, which resulted in the girl’s death. At a request of the investigation, she was subjected to preventive detention.

During the investigation, investigators seized and reviewed the medical record of the minor girl, questioned witnesses, the district police officer, and the juvenile authority inspector, as well as requested and received data on all reports from neighbors and other persons on possible offenses and accidents involving the child. Investigators also questioned the deceased girl’s grandmother and father, all neighbors living in the apartment building, and friends of the perpetrator who also reported that the young woman had previously expressed ideas of giving up the child to a relevant social institution.

The woman was subjected to a stationary complex psychological and psychiatric forensic examination in order to determine her mental state. The expert commission found her sane.

Investigators of the Kirov Regional Investigations Directorate of the Investigative Committee of Russia carried out investigative actions aimed to clarify all circumstances of the accident, establish all reasons and conditions that facilitated the commission by the perpetrator of the designated especially grave offense against her minor daughter. The investigation gathered enough evidence. The accused woman has pleaded guilty.

Currently, the criminal case with the approved indictment was sent to the court to be tried on the merits.