A court has recognized the evidence collected by the Moscow Directorate of the Investigative Committee as sufficient to convict Elman Karyakin, Irina Yeryomina, Roman Firsov and Igor Drozdov. Depending on the role of each one they were found guilty of a murder under Part 1 of Article 105, stealing a passport under Part 2 of Article 325 and attempted fraud on a very large scale under Part 3 of Article 30, Part 4 of Article 159 of the RF Penal Code.
On 16 March, a federal TV channel showed a story about violation of rights of the USSR people’s Artist Aleksei Batalov due to illegal confiscation of a part of property owned by his family. The story suggests that the actor’s dacha neighbor was involved.
Following a check into media reports about a child receiving scolds the Arkhangelsk Region and Nenets Autonomous Area Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in unsafe works and services under Part 1 of Article 238 of the RF Penal Code.
The Tula Region Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in battery under Article 116 of the RF Penal Code after an 18-year-old resident of Tula attacked a paramedic.
The Chuvash Republic Office of the Investigative Committee has initiated criminal proceedings against an unemployed 36-year-old resident of the town of Cheboksary based on the materials provided by the local tax inspectorate. The man is suspected of tax evasion on a large scale under part 1 of Article 198 of the RF Penal Code.
The Dagestan Office of the Investigative Committee has opened an investigation in unsafe services under Part 1 of Article 238 of the RF Penal Code.
The sixth office of the Investigative Committee’s Directorate (based in the city of Khabarovsk) has initiated criminal proceedings against director of TINRO-Center, a federal state0funded scientific institution, Lev Bocharov and his first deputy Yuri Blinov suspected of abuse of power under part 1 of Article 286 of the RF Penal Code.
23. In subsection “Internet reception” (section “Citizens’ appeals”) users can formulate electronic messages which are processed by authorized employees of the Department for consideration of citizens’ appeals and documentation in accordance with the Federal law of 02.05.2006 № 59-FZ “On procedure for consideration of appeals from citizens of the Russian Federation” and in accordance with relevant statutory acts of the Russian Investigative Committee.
24. To formulate an electronic appeal the user should:
In the message the user is required to specify their family name, name and patronymic (the last if the user has one), email address, if reply is wanted to be received as an electronic document, and mailing address, if reply is wanted to be received in writing.
25. The user has the right to attach to the appeal sent through Internet reception necessary documents and files in electronic form or sent mentioned documents and files or their copies in writing.
The documents and files attached in electronic form should represent a single file without archiving. The size of attached file is 5 Mb maximum. The following formats are available for attachment: txt, doc, rtf, xls, pps, ppt, pdf, jpg, bmp, png, tif, gif, pcx, mp3, wma, avi, mp4, mkv, wmv, mov, flv.
Appeals with large texts and documents attached should be sent to the Investigative Committee by mail.
26. The date of Internet application is the date of its posting on Internet website, which is fixed automatically at the time of sending the completed electronic form.
27. Electronic documents, sent through the website otherwise passing the Internet reception are not accepted for consideration.