Former Vice-Mayor of Stavropol is found guilty of organizing the murder of two people

The evidence collected by the Investigating Authorities of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation for Stavropol Krai was recognized by Court as sufficient for sentencing the 55-year-old former Vice-Mayor of Stavropol. He was found guilty of committing a crime prescribed in Part 3, Article 33, paragraphs "a, e, g, h" Part 2, Article 105 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (organization of the murder).

The investigation and the court found that in October 2004, two men attempted to kill a former official by detonating an explosive device near his home at the time of his departure, when he was driving the car out the yard. The purpose of crime was obtaining part of the owned property belonging to one of the commercial organizations, the founder of which was the mentioned above official - the former Vice-Mayor of the city of Stavropol. However, due to circumstances beyond the control of the criminals, the improvised explosive device went off late, leaving the former Vice-Mayor alive.

At the end of 2004, in order to take revenge on the attackers, the convict organized their murder. To implement his plan, he involved a Law Enforcement Officer, assigning him to deliver the victims to the appointed place; and he also assigned 9 members of a stable armed group to commit the murder.

In January and February 2005, the subordinates of a Law Enforcement Officer took the men one by one to the territory of a brewery plant in Pyatigorsk city and handed over the victims to the perpetrators of the murder - members of a stable armed group. After committing the murder, in order to hide the traces of the crime, the bodies of the men were buried by the perpetrators in pre-prepared pits in various forests on the territory of the Caucasian Mineralnye Vody.

In 2010-2012, members of the armed group were convicted of murder for hire. The former Police Officer was convicted in August 2022.

By a verdict, the former Vice-Mayor of Stavropol was sentenced to 12.5 years in prison to be served in a strict regime penal colony.