In Voronezh a man from Chelyabinsk Region found guilty of a series of murders and other especially serious offences and sentenced to life in prison

Court has recognized the evidence gathered by the Central Investigations Directorate of the Russia’s Investigative Committee sufficient to convict Sergey Martynov of Chelyabinsk Region. He was found guilty of crimes under paragraph “e” of part 2 of article 111 (intentional infliction of a grave injury), paragraph “a” of part 1 of article 213 (hooliganism), paragraph “a” of part 2 of article 105 (murder), paragraph “c” of part 3 of article 132 of the RF Criminal Code (violent sexual actions).

Court and investigation have found that in the period between 2005 and 2010 Martynov committed a number of slaughters and other especially serious crimes in the territories of the Republics of Udmurtia and Bashkortostan, the Voronezh, Oryol, Nizhny Novgorod, Kemerovo, Sverdlovsk, Vladimir, Yaroslavl and Lipetsk regions. The circumstances of eight crimes committed by Martynov are established. Most of his victims were women with whom he had had sexual relations. They abused alcohol and were unemployed. As a rule as a murder weapon Martynov used a knife or a scalpel, which he always carried with him in a pocket or in in his waist bag. His crimes were notable for their special cynicism, he committed outrages upon many of the bodies: chopped off organs, put foreign bodies into natural holes of the bodies, etc. This way, one of his victims – an 8-year0old girl, whom Martynov raped – he kidnapped from parents with whom he had established trust relationships. Studying the matrynov’s personality investigators found that after having been released from prison, where he had served a term for a murder attended by rape, Martynov had acquired skills of social adaptation. Talking with his future victims he tried to be polite and gentle. His skill to gain confidence of people allowed Martynov to freely move around Russia by hitchhiking, get temporary work and get acquainted with women. However after another murder in 2010 Martynov was detained in the territory of the Voronezh Region.

The court sentenced Martynov to life in prison.